Continuous foil drive while both cylinder gaps are facing each other by use of the special engineered Direct Foil Drive rollers (before and after press nip). This Vinfoil technology ensures a perfect synchronisation of circumference speed of the press with the cold foil web.
Web tension is regulated by software which is feeding data to the following Vinfoil’s technologies (patent applied):
MFU® is redirecting the cold foil web back into the printing nip after transferring parts of the metallic layer for the first time. With this technology a foil web can be used up to 3 times to generate optimal utilization of the cold foil reel.
It is not necessary to stop and to restart the foil web with every turn of the cylinder like in systems using indexing.
• MFU® is redirecting the cold foil web back into the printing nip after transferring parts of the metallic layer for the first time. With this technology a foil web can be used up to 3 times to generate optimal utilization of the cold foil reel.
• The use of MFU® can reduce the cold-foil consumption up to 85 %
• 2 MFU® decks with horizontally movable guiding rods for lateral adjustment of the foil webs position • MFU® Decks can be moved in vertical direction for circumferential adjustment of the foil web position
• Motorized foil infeed system from Foil Unit to the MFU® section
• With the DFD (Direct Foil Drive) rolls, the foil web speed is controlled by a servo motor. The motor is controlled by an encoder integrated into the printing press to ensure a very precise synchronization of the foil web with the speed of the printing press
• Electronically adjustable web tension
• Two DFD rolls are installed. One before and one after the press nip
• Automatic unloading and loading, to ensure fast change over times
• Changing the reels takes place at ground level, which ensures a very easy and safe operation
• Integrated safety with the foil module
• Minimum construction height
<< Recommended choice of Vinfoil >>
• In this unit the foil is un-winded. One or more cores at the same time
• Including one locking shaft • Touch screen for easy operation
• Automatic diameter detection for optimal foil use till the end
• Foil Web Break sensor
• Adjustable foil core thickness
• Remote closing and opening of the chucks
• Remote diagnosis via Ethernet